- Capacity: Unless otherwise stated this is for a uniformly distributed or evenly distributed load over the entire surface area.
i. Half the rated load over half the platform length.
ii. A third of the rated load over half the platform width.
- Lift Platform: A choice of smooth or slip resisting, tear pattern steel for the deck plate. Mounted onto a substantial angle-iron sub-frame. This provides top roll over edges that are square (not radius) for greater strength, smooth load transfer and flush mounting of extra equipment, handrail, conveyor etc.
- Stroke / Travel: The vertical distance through which the lift is designed to move. There are various methods of setting or restricting travel. Eg. Electrically, by limit switch or mechanically by cylinder stop tubes.
- Closed Height: The lowest height of the lift platform when in its most compact position. Fixed or adjustable platform support legs may be included for accurate height setting or to reduce stress on the armsets.
- Extended Height: The total of stroke/travel and closed height. Lifting Time: Generally expressed as the time taken for a loaded lift to move through its designed available stroke/travel. As a ‘rule of thumb’ if the power pack size is doubled the lift will rise twice as fast.
- Lowering Time: Usually factory set to be equal to the raise speed. This is semi -adjustable and can be altered on site by a service/maintenance engineer.
- Mains Supply: 3 phase, 400 volts, 50Hz. It is recommended that a suitably fused and lockable isolator is positioned adjacent to the power pack or lift installation.
- Control voltage: 24 volts, D.C. Others are available upon request.
- Power Pack: Our electro-hydraulic power packs are specially selected for their reliability and low noise (<70dBA). A built in high pressure filter helps protect the lowering valve from malfunction. When power packs are in board, under the lift platform we recommend the inclusion of an inspection hatch in the deck plate to allow engineer access for maintenance. When power packs are remote / outside the lift we recommend they are fitted onto a drip tray and the pressure hose is fitted with a quick release, self sealing coupling. Each lift is usually protected to IP54.
- Controls: A pendant style control station is fitted onto 3 metres of flexible lead and comes complete with an emergency stop and deadman (constant pressure) up and down push buttons. Foot operated control stations are readily available. Lifts can be supplied ready for wiring into other panels.
- Cylinders: Single acting hydraulic cylinders, complete with a hose break rupture valve built into the bottom of each lifting cylinder. The internal bore of the cylinder tubes and the piston rods are honed and polished to an exceptionally surface (Ra<0.4 microns) and then individually inspected prior to use. The piston rods are hard chrome plated to a thickness of >25 microns. To reduce corrosion, loss of oil and contamination, a drain hose is usually connected from the cylinder back to the tank. The safety factor by stress calculations is 1.8. The pressure hoses comply to all main European standards.
- Construction: The scissor arms for most lift tables are profiled solid steel. A substantial torsion tube is fitted between the armsets to help ensure good synchronisation and stability even when eccentrically loaded. Pre-lubricated, replaceable type bearing bushes are a standard feature. Fe510 steel is used for the precision ground axles and cylinder bolts. The steel arm roller bearings are replaceable. For exceptional conditions and heavy duty use we recommend chrome plating heavy wear parts and including grease points on each DX bearing or including grease free spherical plain bearings.
- Anti-trap bar: A perimeter anti-trap bar / safety frame is fitted to the underside edges of the lift platform to restrict further lowering should be an obstruction be met. For added safety operator reset is standard, allowing the lift to be raised and the obstruction removed. (Subject to scope of supply not excluding control panel).
- Safety Lock: Steel posts are provided to support the lift in a semi-raised position to allow safer access for inspection, cleaning and maintenance purposes. Paint Finish: Each table is fully protected with a hard wearing 2 component acrylic resin paint finish. Our standard colours are RAL 5015 Blue and RAL 6011 Green. Most other RAL colours, hot dip galvanising, stainless steel and many other finishes are available.
- Documentation: A comprehensive, printed owner/operator manual, complete with standard diagrams, exploded views and spare parts list is provided with each lift in its own individual front cover for easy identification.
- Certification: Lifts are usually supplied with the applicable certificate of conformity to EN1570 or with a declaration of incorporation.
- Conditions: All costing and specifications are subject to change and have been determined in accordance with our terms of business. A full copy of which is available upon request. The enclosed and all revisions is not an offer to supply. We assume full disclosure on the client’s behalf and that we are made aware of any critical criteria concerning performance, delivery and tolerances. Delivery is to the nearest point to site deemed suitable and safe by the delivery driver. Delivery dates are given in good faith and expressed as presently expected and Ex-works. They are subject to change at short notice unless specifically guaranteed in writing under the heading ‘special criteria’ on our confirmation notification. Our warranty is twelve months replacement of returned parts, subject to inspection and evidence of routine maintenance. We specifically exclude off-loading and any labour. We refer purchasers and users to EN1570 Safety requirements for lifting tables.